Monday, August 29, 2011

Lovin' summer


Whew. It has been a VERY busy summer indeed. After visiting Nannie at her farm, I was shuttled straight up to Spirit Lake for a birthday celebration for my uncle Tim. I got to go tubing with Claire and swam around the entire dock in my lifejacket without an adult for the first time!! Then we were home for about a day before turning around and driving south to the Grand Ronde river for a big float trip in the raft with Nannie and my family. I thought it was SO fun to go down the rapids in the inflatable kayak. We even took Jake with us and--get this--he had his own LIFEJACKET. We came back from this trip and BOOM, we left again for Canada and a fabulous boat trip with Mor Mor and Bacco. I practiced jumping from the boat and even from a salt-water hot tub on Mink Island. We had a treasure hunt at Squirrel Cove because my mom overheard a real pirate talking about the treasure he left for us at a pay phone at the store. SO COOL!!

No comments: